ISLAMABAD, December 8, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Friday held discussion on law and order in the province, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1533 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 25 lawmakers (20%) were present at the start and 26 (21%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, PML-N and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up the legislative business, calling attention notices, privilege motions and questions on the agenda.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House held discussion on law and order in the province following an adjournment motion sponsored by QWP and PPPP lawmakers. Five lawmakers participated in debate on it for 74 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A QWP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1542 hours but it was found complete upon counting.
- The same lawmaker again pointed out the quorum at 1653 hours that led to the adjournment of the sitting at 1700 hours due to presence of less than 25 percent lawmakers.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday and was adjourned amid lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…