ISLAMABAD, June 18, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for only six minutes on Saturday as the lack of quorum led to adjournment of 4th sitting of its 19th session without any debate on provincial budget, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the assembly business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1356 hours against the scheduled time of 1330 hours.
- Twenty-three members (19%) were present at the start and 29 (23%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Finance Minister was present in entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- One minority member was present.
- Six members applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not debate the Provincial Budget 2016-17.
Order and Institutionalization
- PTI Lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1400 hours following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung for two minutes. The quorum was found incomplete upon counting and the House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
ISLAMABAD, March 3, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left 90 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during 11th session comprising six sittings…