ISLAMABAD, March 4, 2014: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned soon after the boycott of the opposition during eighth sitting of its ongoing 10th session on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Female lawmaker of PPPP walked out of the sitting twice for non-provision of funds to opposition members, and was soon joined by the entire opposition and the session had to be adjourned.
A privilege motion of an independent lawmaker over non-cooperative attitude of Hangu police on the issue of extortion activities in the district was sent to the relevant committee.
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1540 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of 40 minutes.
- The House had a prayer break of 45 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the House and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JUI-F and ANP attended the proceedings.
- Thirty-one members were present at the outset while maximum 62 were there at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness:
- The House took up all nine starred questions (requiring oral as well as written replies) on the Orders of the Day. Additionally, members asked three supplementary questions.
- A privilege motion of an independent lawmaker over non-cooperative attitude of Hangu police on the issue of extortion activities in the district was sent to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization:
- Only point of order consumed one minute of the proceedings.
- Female lawmaker of PPPP walked out of the sitting twice for non-provision of funds to opposition. Later, other opposition members expressed solidarity with her and joined the walkout.
- PTI minority member pointed out the quorum. The Chair ordered for the bells to be rung for two minutes and the proceedings resumed when the quorum was found complete.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…