ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for two hours and one minute.
- The sitting started at 1505 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 50 (34%) legislators were present at the start and 30 (21%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, PML and MMA attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present in the sitting.
- Presented by Minister for Law the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Appointment of Law Officers (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of seven starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The Law Minister responded to a Call attention Notices regarding Image Machine out of order in Orthopedic Operation Theater (OT), Timergrah hospital
- The chair deferred a Call attention Notice regarding appointment of staff in Government Girls Primary School (GGPS) PK-7 due to absence of concerned lawmaker.
- The Labour Minister responded to a Call attention Notice regarding higher mortality rate in Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar.
- A lawmaker debated Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route for ten minutes of the proceedings. The House did not hold discussion on Billion Tree Afforestation Project.
- Moved by PTI lawmaker the house referred a privileged motion against misbehavior of Secretary P&D department to relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as three lawmakers spoke on Points of Orders consuming eight minutes of the proceedings.
- ANP lawmakers protested for five minutes against appointment of a female PTI lawmaker as Chairperson of standing committee.
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out quorum which led to adjournment of the sitting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 15, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 19, 2020: The Senate left its entire agenda unaddressed on Private Members’ Day and consumed major portion of the proceedings in debate on political…
ISLAMABAD, October 19, 2020: The National Assembly was adjourned on Monday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 16, 2020: The National Assembly transacted more than half of its agenda on Friday and witnessed introduction of a government bill seeking amendment in the Elections…