ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed the Finance Bill, 2021 on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 7th sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 35 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:15 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) attend the entire sitting.
- The leader of the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Seventy legislators (48 percent) were present at the outset and 100 (69 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PML-N, PPP and ANP attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the Minister for Finance, the House passed the KP Finance Bill, 2021. The Chief Minister thanked all lawmakers who supported in passage of budget. He consumed 48 minutes of the proceedings.
- The House approved 60 demand for grants related to various public departments. All cut motions on these demands were withdrawn by the relevant movers.
Order and Institutionalization
- An ANP lawmaker walked out from the House for ten minutes against the chair’s attitude who did not give him extra time to speak on his cut motion.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…