ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2021: The National Assembly on Saturday approved 49 demands for grants related to various divisions and departments, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 16th sitting of the 34th session:
- The House met for eight hours and 46 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 11:36 am against the scheduled time of 11:00 am.
- The speaker presided over the proceedings for an hour and 42 minutes while the deputy speaker chaired the remaining sitting.
- The leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- A total of 69 lawmakers (20 percent) were present at the outset and 106 (31 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP and GDA attended the sitting.
- Seven out of ten minority lawmakers were also present during the proceedings.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House approved 49 demands for grants mainly related to finance, cabinet, power, petroleum and foreign affairs divisions. A total of 117 out of 128 demands for grants have been approved so far after detailed deliberation on them.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…