ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 3rd sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for three hours.
- The sitting started at 02:40 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the sitting for two hours and 46 minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by the Deputy speaker.
- The leader of the house (chief minister) and leader of the opposition were absent.
- Forty (28%) legislators were present at the start and 25 (17%) at the end of the sitting.
- Three out of four minority members were present.
- Only the parliamentary leader of ANP attended the sitting.
- The House passed two government bills including the Peshawar Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2021 and the KP Urban Mass Transit (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- Tabled by a PPP lawmaker, the House adopted two supplementary resolutions demanding to establish education city in the province and regularize the services of doctors recruited on ad-hoc basis during the pandemic period.
- The House adopted another supplementary resolution demanding to decrease toll tax between Colonel Sher khan interchange to Timar Gira interchange at Motorway. It was sponsored by an ANP lawmaker.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not take up two privilege motions due to absence of a mover and non-reply from the relevant department.
- The Chair admitted an adjournment motion for debate in the House which was regarding law and order situation in the province. The motion was sponsored by a PML-N lawmaker.
- The House took up two calling attention notices (CANs). The first CAN was related to increase of street crimes in Hayat Abad Peshawar while other was regarding non-adjustment of 27 employees of irrigation departments belonging to ex-FATA in to other provincial departments.
- The House took up six out seven starred questions while lawmakers asked five supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Eight lawmakers spoke on two points of order for 30 minutes related to Youm-e-Shuhada Hazara and the protest of people belonging to North Waziristan in front of Provincial Assembly.
- An ANP lawmaker pointed out quorum at 05:38 pm which was found incomplete upon counting and the House was adjourned to meet again on April 13 (Tuesday), 2021 at 2:00 pm.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted online by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair…
Calls for a broader public debate and political discourse on the meaningful electoral reforms to enhance representation and inclusivity ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2021: The Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…