ISLAMABAD, December 24, 2012: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly did not take up any regular agenda scheduled for the seventh sitting of the 29th Session that held on Monday, reports the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on the KP Assembly’s Proceedings.
The agenda was deferred due to the assassination of a member on December 22, 2012 – Bashir Ahmed Bilour, who won the election, 2008 from PF-3. The House offered Fateha for the deceased MPA.
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for two hours and 44 minutes.
- The seventh sitting started at 1603 Hours against the scheduled starting time of 1530 hours. The House proceedings started late by 33 minutes.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting. The Deputy Speaker was also present during the sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting, while the Leader of Opposition remained absent.
- Only the parliamentary leader of PPPS and PML were present
- A total of 47 (38%) members were present at the outset of the sitting, while 49 (40%) members at the end of the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Question Hour was not held.
- The House adopted a Resolution offering condolences on the assassination of the late Senior Minister – Bashir Ahmed Bilour.
Order and institutionalization
- No Points of Order were raised during the sitting.
- Orders of the Day were available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…