ISLAMABAD, January 30, 2017: The National Assembly did not take up its regular agenda except Question Hour and discussed the issue of Privilege Motion against Prime Minister on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the 39th session:
- The National Assembly met for three hours and 39 minutes; however the proceedings remained suspended for 21 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1649 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and six minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Sixty-six lawmakers (19%) were present at the outset and 53 (15%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JI, ANP, QWP-S, PMLZ, APML and AMLP attended the sitting.
- Nine minority members were present.
- The House did not take up its legislative business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as seven out of 32 Starred Questions were answered during the Question Hour. The lawmakers asked 12 Supplementary Questions as well.
- The House did not take up Calling Attention Notices.
Order and Institutionalization
- Eleven lawmakers spoke on 11 Points of Order consuming two hours and 11 minutes. The lawmakers discussed the issues related to Privilege Motion against Prime Minister on Points of Order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…