ISLAMABAD, May 23, 2017: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Tuesday to express condolence over the demise of PkMAP lawmaker Abdul Rahim Mandokhail, who passed away a couple of days ago, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of the 43rd session:
- The National Assembly met for eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1504 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- Thirty-six lawmakers (10%) were present at the outset and 52 (15%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up Private Members’ business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered prayers for the soul of deceased PkMAP lawmaker.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2020: The National Assembly passed two government bills and adopted three resolutions to extend the timeline of as many ordinances, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 28, 2020: The National Assembly left 98 percent of its agenda unaddressed on Wednesday due to the opposition’s protests, walkouts and quorum issue, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French President Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments…