ISLAMABAD, July 12, 2021: The National Assembly on Monday transacted entire agenda and started discussion on the presidential address to the Parliament, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the 35th session:
- The National Assembly met for three hours and 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 05:15 pm against the scheduled time of 04:30 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for 58 minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by a member of panel of chairpersons.
- The deputy speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 62 (18 percent) lawmakers were present at the outset and 13 (four percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, GDA and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Six minority lawmakers were present.
- Parliamentary Secretary for federal education and professional training introduced the Pakistan Global Institute Bill, 2021 which was referred to the relevant committee for consideration.
- Two periodical reports of Standing Committee on Public Accounts Committee (PAC) for the period July 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019 and January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020 were presented in the House.
- The periodicals report of the Standing Committees on Water Resources and Information Technology and Telecommunication for the respective period January – June, 2020 and July – December, 2020 were presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Seven lawmakers participated in debate on motion of thanks to president for his address to Parliament which continued for two hours and 41 minutes.
- Parliamentary Secretary for Finance responded to a calling attention notice (CAN) regarding requirement of placement of invoice and packing list inside the import containers by the country of origin.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to another CAN regarding non-availability of electricity to the residents of Gwadar.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seven lawmakers raised matters under Rule 18 which were mainly regarding flood like situation in Abbottabad as well as Mansehra due to incessant rain, parliamentary business, law and order, human rights and demolishing hotels in Swat and Naran.
- A PML-N lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- Orders of the day was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…