ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2021: The leader of the opposition in Punjab Assembly opened debate on the Provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-22 on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of 33rd session:
- The House met for four hours and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:08 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 35 minutes, the deputy speaker for seven minutes while a member of panel of chairpersons chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the opposition attended the proceedings for two hours and 16 minutes.
- As many as 80 MPAs (19 percent) were present at the outset and nine (three percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PRHP attended the proceedings.
- As many as six out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of the opposition opened debate on the provincial annual budget 2021-22 and spoke for an hour and 35 minutes.
- Five other lawmakers also participated in the budget discussion that continued for two hours and ten minutes.
- A privilege motion of a PML-N lawmaker was referred to the relevant committee. It was regarding non-implementation on laws related to Rescue 1122 despite approval from Punjab Assembly.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, June 18, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Friday and discussed women rights and governance related matters, observes…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Punjab Assembly was adjourned without addressing agenda on the second consecutive day in protest against the non-production of detained lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed 72 percent of its proceedings in points of order related to electricity load-shedding in…