ISLAMABAD, March 10, 2021: The Senate on Wednesday transacted entire agenda and witnessed farewell speeches by outgoing lawmakers, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) In its daily factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of 308th session:
- The Senate met for four hours and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1036 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The entire sitting was chaired by a Member of Panel of Presiding Officers in the absence of Chairman and Deputy Chairman.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 16 law makers (16%) were present at the outset and 8 (8%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQMP, JUI and PkMAP attended the sitting.
- Two out of two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- A total of 27 reports of 13 Standing Committees were presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Nine outgoing lawmakers delivered farewell speeches consuming three hours and ten minutes of the proceedings. Fifty-two (52) lawmakers will get retire from Senate on March 11, 2021. Earlier, the Leader of the House also paid tributes to the outgoing lawmakers and spoke for seven minutes.
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of public importance for six minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 11, 2021 (Thursday) at 1030 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday except question hour due to lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Senate passed four private members' bills and referred 12 bills to the relevant committees after their introduction in the House,…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab passed two government bills and referred six bills to relevant committees after their introduction in the…