ISLAMABAD, September 8, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab adopted three on agenda and two supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of 24th session:
- The House met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1613 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 31 (8%) MPAs were present at the outset and 27 (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House adopted three resolutions on agenda urging the federal government to construct road link Nankana Sahib with motorway, to prepare insect resilient seeds and to help the flood affected in Tehsil Bhera and Bhalwal. The House also adopted two supplementary resolutions urging the federal government to conduct inquiry of the responsible for the faulty grid in Mandi Baha ud Din and to condemn the blasphemy incident in Sweden and UK’s accusation against Pakistan of suppressing minorities.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up nine out of 19 starred questions while two questions were disposed of due to absence of their movers and two questions remained pending. In addition, lawmakers asked 16 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as five lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming 14 minutes.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and consumed 43 percent of the proceedings’ time in debate on matters…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…