- Session prorogued
ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2021: The budget session of the Punjab Assembly concluded here on Wednesday after approval of 39 supplementary demands for grants for the fiscal year 2020-21 and the speech of Chief Minister, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the 12th sitting of the 33rd session:
- The House met for two hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 05:19 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 53 minutes, while the remaining sitting was chaired by the deputy speaker.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for an hour and 59 minutes.
- The leader of the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 115 MPAs (31 percent) were present at the outset and 165 (44 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- As many as five out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved 38 supplementary demands for grants for the fiscal year 2020-21 having no cut motions. One demand for grant related to police department was also approved after rejecting a cut motion on it, while four lawmakers including Minister for law spoke on it for 45 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Chief Minister also delivered a speech related to provincial budget 2021-22 and consumed 35 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…