ISLAMABAD, July 31, 2013: Twenty-one members debated the bill on the new local government system during the fourth sitting of the Punjab Assembly’s third session on Wednesday.
The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting that lasted two hours and 53 minutes. The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting. All routine business of the assembly was suspended as per the recommendation of the Advisory Committee.
A total of 60 members (17%) were present at the beginning, 25 (7%) at the end and a maximum 105 (30%) at a point during the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for two hours and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1115 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1000 hours witnessing a delay of an hour and 15 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting.
- A total of 60 members (17%) were present at the beginning, 25 (7%) at the end and a maximum 105 (30%) at a point during the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were not present.
- Three minority Members were present.
- None of the Members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty one MPAs debated the bill on the new local government system.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- Members’ attendance was documented.
- Information on Members’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab left most of the agenda unaddressed during Private Members’ day, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, December 30, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab took up entire agenda appearing on Orders of the Day on Monday and unanimously passed the…
ISLAMABAD, December 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab held a discussion on the Annual Report of the Punjab Public Service Commission for the Year…