ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab left its entire agenda unaddressed on Monday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the tenth sitting of 34th session:
- The House met for 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 01:20 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition were absent.
- As many as 12 MPAs (three percent) were present at the outset and 18 (five percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- A newly elected member of PTI took the oath.
- None of the parliamentary leader attended the proceedings.
- One out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House neither observed question hour nor took up calling attention notices. The general discussion on communication and works was not held.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PML-N upon lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 01:33 pm following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung. The quorum was found incomplete counting at 01:36 am and the proceedings remained suspended for eight minutes. On resumption of the proceedings at 01:44 am, the quorum was incomplete and the Chair adjourned the House to meet again on Friday, August 13, 2021 at 09:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…