ISLAMABAD, July 15, 2019: The Punjab Assembly’s eleventh session requisitioned by the Opposition was prorogued sine die on Monday without taking up regular agenda except observing the Question Hour, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the single-sitting 11th session:
- The House met for an hour and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1103 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting
- As many as 50 MPAs (13%) were present at the outset and 90 (24%) at the adjournment of the sitting
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of eight minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not hold general discussion on price control and law and order situation.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Primary and Secondary Healthcare responded to two out of 26 Starred questions while the lawmakers asked four supplementary questions as well.
- The House did not take up two Calling Attention Notices appearing on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twelve lawmakers raised Points of Orders consuming 48 minutes of the proceedings.
- PML-N lawmakers protested for 25 minutes during the proceedings against non-issuance of production order of the Leader of the Opposition.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The National Assembly passed three government bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to extend an Ordinance, observes the Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The Senate’s 295th session was prorogued sine die on Monday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The government introduced four legislative proposals in the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on Monday amidst protest by the opposition parties…