- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, July 16, 2018: The Upper House on Monday adopted a resolution to condemn the terrorist attack in Mastunq which claimed around 150 lives and left hundreds of people badly injured, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the fifth (last) sitting of the 279th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman Senate presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Opposition Leader was present for an hour and 44 minutes.
- As many as nine (8%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 13 (12%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP and MQM attended the sitting.
- Three minority lawmakers were present
- Tabled by the Leader of the Opposition, the House unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn the terrorist attack in Mastung, Balochistan on July 13 which resulted the death of around 150 citizens and injuries to several others. Sixteen lawmakers expressed their views on it and spoke for two hours and 43 minutes.
- The House suspended the regular agenda to discuss the tragic incident in Mastung.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
President Arif Alvi highlights indigenous movement of Kashmiris against Indian illegal occupation of the Valley ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Senate convened a special session…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2020: The Senate passed two Financial Action Task Force (FATF) related bills after incorporating amendments proposed by opposition in the…
ISLAMABAD, July 29, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Wednesday and referred two Financial Action Task Force (FATF) related bills to the Standing…