ISLAMABAD, June 17 2019: The Senate continued discussion on the Finance Bill, 2019 amid low attendance of lawmakers on both sides of aisle, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the third sitting of 290th session:
- The House met for an hour and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1630 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 26 minutes.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (11%) were present at the outset and 19 (18%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PML-F attended the sitting.
- One out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- On behalf of Chairman Standing Committee on Interior, a member of the Committee presented three reports on as many points of public importance regarding the hurdles faced by the people in the issuance of CNIC, murder of Afzal Kohistani and demolition of buildings near Islamabad Airport, Kashmir Highway Islamabad.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Six lawmakers – one each of PML-N, PPPP, MQM, JI, PTI and an Independent candidate – participated in the Budget 2019-20 discussion consuming an hour and 38 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 18, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1630 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Punjab Assembly witnessed introduction of five government bills on Friday which were referred to the relevant committees for consideration, observes…
ISLAMABAD, March 4, 2021: The National Assembly proceeded for only five minutes on Thursday and was prorogued without taking up any agenda, observes Free and…