ISLAMABAD, June 17 2019: The Senate continued discussion on the Finance Bill, 2019 amid low attendance of lawmakers on both sides of aisle, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the third sitting of 290th session:
- The House met for an hour and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1630 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 26 minutes.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (11%) were present at the outset and 19 (18%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PML-F attended the sitting.
- One out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- On behalf of Chairman Standing Committee on Interior, a member of the Committee presented three reports on as many points of public importance regarding the hurdles faced by the people in the issuance of CNIC, murder of Afzal Kohistani and demolition of buildings near Islamabad Airport, Kashmir Highway Islamabad.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Six lawmakers – one each of PML-N, PPPP, MQM, JI, PTI and an Independent candidate – participated in the Budget 2019-20 discussion consuming an hour and 38 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 18, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1630 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up any question related to the Home and Local Government Departments due to the absence of…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2020: Around two-thirds of registered voters for GBA-3 Gilgit-III came out to vote in a peaceful election held a week after the…