ISLAMABAD, January 3, 2020: The Senate debated the annual report of the National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) for the year 2017, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the third sitting of 295th session:
- The House met for an hour and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1530 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present 43 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 13 lawmakers (12%) were present at the outset and 22 (21%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, BAP, PPPP, PkMAP, MQM, JI and ANP attended the sitting.
- As many as two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as ten lawmakers participated in a debate on the annual report of the National Commission on the Status of Women for the year 2017. The debate continued for an hour and 23 minutes.
- The Chair directed Secretary Establishment Division to present notification regarding suspension of a bureaucrat within three days who misbehaved with a Senator. He also directed Inspector General of Police Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to initiate legal action against him in case he had given life threats to the Senator.
Order and Institutionalization
- Nine lawmakers spoke on points of order for 26 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 4, 2020 (Saturday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was adjourned on Friday amid lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings in points of public…