ISLAMABAD, February 13, 2018: The Senate on Tuesday paid tributes to renowned lawyer Late Asma Jahangir and eulogized her services for democracy and human rights, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of 273rd session:
- The Senate met for two hours.
- The sitting started at 1002 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Chairman and Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- A member of Panel of Presiding Officers chaired the proceedings for eight minutes while rests of the proceedings were chaired by another member of Panel of Presiding Officers.
- Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for 63 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- As many as eight (7%) lawmakers were present at the outset and six (5%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-M, PkMAP, PML-N, ANP, MQM and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House held reference for late lawyer Asma Jahangirand 21 Senators paid tributes to her. They spoke for an hour and 48 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2020: The Senate on Thursday discussed the recent bomb attack on a religious school in Peshawar while leaving half of…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Senate passed three private members’ bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to condemn comments of French President Emmanuel Macron…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings in points of public…