ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2021: The Senate started debate on a motion to make recommendations to the National Assembly on Finance Bill, 2021, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 2nd sitting of 312th session:
- The House met for three hours and three minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 04:00pm hours.
- The Chairman presided over the proceedings for two hours and six minutes, while the remaining sitting was chaired by the Deputy Chairman.
- The leaders of the House and the opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 42 lawmakers (42%) were present at the outset and 22 (22%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML-Q, JI, ANP, PkMAP and PTI attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Six lawmakers including the leaders of the House and the opposition participated in the budget discussion consuming two hour and 48 minutes (92 percent of the proceedings’ time).
- Three lawmakers spoke on point of public importance for eight minutes
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Friday and discussed women rights and governance related matters, observes…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Punjab Assembly was adjourned without addressing agenda on the second consecutive day in protest against the non-production of detained lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed 72 percent of its proceedings in points of order related to electricity load-shedding in…