ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh approved as many as 154 demands for grants of various departments on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 17th sitting of the 21st session:
- The House met for 39 minutes.
- The sitting started at 10:20 am against the scheduled time of 10:00 am.
- The speaker chaired the entire proceedings.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 61 MPAs (36 percent) were present at the outset and 76 (45 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, MQMP, GDA, TLP and MMAP were present.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House approved provincial budget and 154 demands for grants for the financial year 2021-22.
- The House also approved 72 demands for grants on the supplementary budget for the financial year 2020-21. No cut motion was submitted on demands for grants.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) laid the schedule of authorized supplementary expenditure for the year, 2020-21 and the schedule of authorized expenditure for the year, 2021-22.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Opposition lawmakers protested during the process of approval of budget and demands for grants. Their protest continued for 24 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…