ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the death of PPPP lawmaker Shahnaz Ansari, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the eighth session:
- The House met for 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1105 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as MPAs 37 (22%) were present at the outset and 43 (26%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and TLP attended the proceedings.
- Three out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered its condolences and prayers for PPPP MPA Shahnaz Ansari who was murdered in Naushehro Feroze on February 15, 2020.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 27, 2020 (Friday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…