ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2020 The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the Annual Budget 2020-21 on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for five hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1243 hours against the scheduled time of 1200 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for three hours and 11 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 40 minutes.
- As many as 31 MPAs (18%) were present at the outset and 14 (8%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, GDA and MQM attended the proceedings.
- As many as five out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to replace word of `Umul Ambia’ with `Umul Aima’ mistakenly written in a resolution adopted earlier. This resolution demanded to raise the issue with Saudi government to rebuild the Shrine of Hazrat Fatima al-Zahra (RA) in Jannat Al-Baqi, Madina.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of 19 lawmakers – PPPP (10), PTI (4), MQMP (3) and GDA (2) – participated in the budget debate for four hours and 11 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A GDA lawmaker protested for 18 minutes against PPPP lawmakers who criticized her party.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 23, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1200 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…