Islamabad, December 10, 2015: Starting 96 minutes behind the schedule, the Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its entire agenda unaddressed during first sitting of its 22nd Session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Thursday.
The Sitting was adjourned after the House unanimously adopted a Motion to pay tribute to deceased PPPP lawmaker Jameel Ahmed Bhurghri.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1136 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Sixty-Three (38%) lawmakers were present at the start and 107 (64%) at the end of the sitting.
- A maximum of 107 (64%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 33 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader was present for entire time.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, and PTI attended the sitting.
- Five minority members attended the sitting.
- No member has applied for leave.
- The House did not take up any agenda items appearing on the list of business which mainly included ten Government bills and a resolution.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House unanimously adopted a motion to pay tribute to deceased lawmaker of PPPP.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two Points of Order (POs) consumed two minutes of the sitting.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public
To download the factsheet, Click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the death of PPPP lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2020: The seventh session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued sine die after addressing most of the agenda on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…