ISLAMABAD, December 11, 2015: Starting 60 minutes behind its schedule, the Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed during second sitting of its 22nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
The House unanimously passed a resolution to pay tribute to late Makhdoom Amin Faheem.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1100 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Sixty-one (36%) lawmakers were present at the start and 51 (30%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- A maximum of 70 (42%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for 96 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for 64 minutes.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI attended the sitting.
- Five minority members attended the sitting.
- No member has applied for leave.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution to express sorrow and grief on the sad demise of Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Ex President of Pakistan People’s Party Parliamentarian. The resolution was tabled by PPPP and 33 lawmakers spoke on it for 2 hrs and 25 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four out of five starred questions appearing on the agenda. The members also asked 13 supplementary questions.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public
To download the factsheet, Click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2020: The seventh session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued sine die after addressing most of the agenda on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Wednesday to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Syed…
ISLAMABAD, January 8, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed three government bills on Wednesday skipping their mandatory reference to the standing committees while the…