ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left almost ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 18th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for an hour and 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1415 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker attended the entire sitting.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 35 minutes.
- As many as 29 MPAs (18%) were present at the outset and 59 (36%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, GDA, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take most of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’ including five private motions, two private members’ bills, a standing committee report, five private motions on issues of public importance and 28 notices proposing amendments in Assembly’s Rules of Procedure.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up all four starred questions while the lawmakers asked 26 supplementary questions as well.
- Sponsored by a PTI lawmaker, the Chair admitted an Adjournment Motion for general discussion on November 4, 2019 which was regarding prevalence of stunted growth in the province.
- The Chair administered oath to the newly-elected lawmaker of GDA.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 1, 2019 (Friday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 02, 2020: Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) urges the government and opposition parties to steer the country through the most critical health…
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
77% Lawmakers Remain Inactive during Session ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2020: The Punjab Assembly left 68 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during its 20th session…