ISLAMABAD, October 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its entire agenda unaddressed due to low attendance of lawmakers on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 17th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for only one minute.
- The sitting started at 1445 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition were absent.
- As many as 20 MPAs (12%) were present at the outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The House did not take any agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’ including five Call Attention Notices, two Government Bills, a Standing Committee Report and two Adjournment Motions.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Question Hour was not observed.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 29, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…