ISLAMABAD, October 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its entire agenda unaddressed due to low attendance of lawmakers on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 17th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for only one minute.
- The sitting started at 1445 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition were absent.
- As many as 20 MPAs (12%) were present at the outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The House did not take any agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’ including five Call Attention Notices, two Government Bills, a Standing Committee Report and two Adjournment Motions.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Question Hour was not observed.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 29, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 02, 2020: Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) urges the government and opposition parties to steer the country through the most critical health…
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
77% Lawmakers Remain Inactive during Session ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2020: The Punjab Assembly left 68 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during its 20th session…