ISLAMABAD, August 6, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for one minute on Tuesday as the Deputy Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 21st sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1405 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as two MPAs (1%) were present at outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the Parliamentary Leader of political parties in the House attended the proceedings.
- All nine minority lawmakers were absent.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 09, 2019 (Friday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The National Assembly passed three government bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to extend an Ordinance, observes the Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The Senate’s 295th session was prorogued sine die on Monday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The government introduced four legislative proposals in the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on Monday amidst protest by the opposition parties…