ISLAMABAD, July 28, 2017: The Sindh Assembly met for only two minutes on Friday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
It was the second shortest sitting of the incumbent House as the shortest-ever sitting was held on February 10, 2015 when the House met for just one minute.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the fifth sitting of the 35th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1558 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Twelve (7%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 13 (8%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PTI attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were also present.
- The House did not consider the Sindh Differently Able Persons (Employment, Rehabilitation and Welfare) (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not consider six Calling Attention Notices (CANs) appearing on the agenda while the Question Hour was also not taken up.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…