ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business in honor of the PPPP lawmaker Ghulam Shah Jilani who passed away at a local hospital in Karachi on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1445 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 35 minutes.
- As many as 37 MPAs (22%) were present at outset and 48 (29%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of MMAP, PTI, PPPP and TLP attended the proceedings.
- Five out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House offered its condolences and prayers for PPPP MPA Ghulam Shah Jilani who expired today at a local hospital in Karachi.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 16, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…
Senate Discusses Economic Situation, Gilgit-Baltistan Elections Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Senate on Monday discussed economic situation of the country and recently held…