ISLAMABAD, January 10, 2018: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday after adopting a resolution in honor of late MPA Ahmed Ali Pitafi, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 37th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1520 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker also attended the sitting.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 45 (27%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 60 (36%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI attended the sitting.
- Five minority members were also present.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution paying tribute to late MPA Ahmed Ali Pitafi who passed away on January 5, 2018.
- The House did not take up its regular agenda.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 1, 2021: : The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury…
ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted one-fourth of its agenda and was adjourned earlier without considering legislative business, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh witnessed introduction of two government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Thursday, observes Free and…