ISLAMABAD, February 4, 2013: Starting an hour and 45 minutes behind schedule, the first sitting of Sindh Assembly’s 40th session met for an hour and 15 minutes on Monday offering condolences on the death of an MPA.
A total of 69 Members were present at the start while 85 were there when the sitting was adjourned.
The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 59 minutes. The parliamentary leaders of the MQM, NPP, PML (F-B) and ANP attended the sitting.
The following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hour and 15 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1145 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1100 hours. The proceedings were delayed by an hour and 45 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting. The Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 59 minutes.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, NPP, PML (F-B) and ANP were present.
- Sixty-nine Members (42% of the total Membership) were present at the start while 85 (52%) were there when the sitting was adjourned.
- Four Minority Members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The regular agenda was not taken up as the House offered condolences for the deceased MPA from PS-95 Karachi.
- No Bills were taken up by the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- No Points of Order were raised during the sitting.
- There were no instances of protests, boycotts or walkouts during the sitting.
- Orders of the Day were available to Legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn blatant human rights violations in the Indian-Occupied Kashmir and…