ISLAMABAD, January 30, 2015: Sixth sitting of the 18th Sindh Assembly session had to be adjourned after just four minutes owing to absence of majority of lawmakers belonging to both the treasury and opposition benches, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The sitting started seven minutes behind the scheduled time of 1000 hours. Only three PPPP lawmakers including Minister for Education were present at the start and end of the sitting. Just four minutes into the sitting, the Speaker gave his observation on absence of treasury and opposition members and announced the adjournment of proceedings till Monday morning.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in the House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1007 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting and the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Three members (2%) were present at the outset and the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the sitting.
- None of the minority members was present.
- None of the members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House could not take up five calling attention notices, a privilege motion and an adjournment motion appearing on the Orders of the Day.
- No question addressed to Works & Services and Information Technology Departments could be taken up.
Order and Institutionalization
- The sitting was adjourned due to lack of quorum.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the members, observers and others.
To download the document, click here
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn blatant human rights violations in the Indian-Occupied Kashmir and…