ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2018: The newly-elected 112 Members of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly took oath in its maiden session on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the proceedings and administered the oath to the members. The oath-taking was followed by the signing of “Roll of Members”.
The Chair informed the House that election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker will be held in the next sitting on August 15 (Wednesday).
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the first sitting of the 1st session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1052 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting.
- As many as 112 (90%) lawmakers were present at the outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as 112 members took oath followed by the signing of `Roll of Members’.
- Three Minority lawmakers took the oath.
Order and Institutionalization
- One point of order consumed two minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 15, 2018 (Wednesday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, September 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills amidst opposition’s protest and adopted six supplementary resolutions after…
ISLAMABAD, August 30, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed an amendment to the KP Judicial Academy Act, 2012 on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, August 29, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted two resolutions and witnessed introduction of three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…