- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, August 16, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) elected the Leader of the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the third and last sitting of the first session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- Eighty (65% of the total membership) members were present at the start and 90 (73%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as 110 members voted in the election of the Chief Minister.
- Three minority lawmakers were also present.
Election of the Chief Minister
- The PTI nominee Mehmood Khan defeated Mian Nisar Gul of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) as he secured 77 votes. The MMA nominee received 33 votes during balloting at the KP Assembly for the slot of Chief Minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- Ten lawmakers made felicitation speeches following the election of Chief Minister and spoke for 57 minutes. The newly elected Leader of the House also expressed his views and spoke for seven minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, May 2, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s (PAKP) sixth session was prorogued on Thursday after passing a government bill and two private member’s resolutions,…
ISLAMABAD, April 29, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed the Local Government (Amendment) Bill as well as the Continuation of Laws in the erstwhile Federally Administered…