ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 55 demands for grants, reports Free and Fair Election Network in its daily factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during 6th sitting of 25th session:
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for three hours and 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1412 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Forty-five lawmakers (36%) were present at the start and 80 (65%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Finance Minister remained present during the proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, JI, ANP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- The House passed the KP Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 55 more demands for grants of various government departments. Earlier, the House approved four demands for grants in the previous sitting.
- Minister for Finance laid the Authenticated Schedule of authorized expenditures for the year 2017-18 in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The lawmakers withdrew their all cut motions related to various government departments.
Order and Institutionalization
- Female lawmakers of PML-N walked out of the House for 30 minutes when the Chair did not allow one of their colleagues to speak about demands for grants.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was adjourned 13 minutes after the commencement of proceedings due to lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday passed three bills amid low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network…