ISLAMABAD, September 25, 2018: The National Assembly addressed its entire scheduled business and debated the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018 on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceeding during third sitting of second session:
- The National Assembly met for three hours and seven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1132 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 26 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 48 minutes.
- As many as 108 lawmakers (32%) were present at outset and 114 (33%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MMA, BNP-M and BAP attended the sitting.
- As many as seven out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by Minister for Information and Broadcasting, the House adopted a resolution granting 120-day extension to the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as eight lawmakers participated in the discussion on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018. The discussion continued for two hours and three minutes.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding slow pace of FATA’s merger with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Federal Minister for Human Rights made a statement on a CAN regarding federal government’s proposal to grant Pakistani citizenship to the refugees and illegal migrants residing in the country.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as five lawmakers spoke on as many points of order for ten minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 26, 2018 (Wednesday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 22, 2019: The National Assembly could not start debate on the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 on Friday despite the Chair’s direction, however, the House discussed…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2019: The second sitting of the National Assembly was adjourned early on Thursday without addressing most of its regular business due to…
Adopts Resolution to Reject Indian Allegations Regarding Pulwama Attack ISLAMABAD, February 20, 2019: The National Assembly started two hours and 32 minutes behind schedule and…