ISLAMABAD, June 01, 2013: The newly elected 56 members of the 10th Balochistan Assembly took oath in the first sitting on Saturday. The Speaker of the outgoing assembly administered the oath to the members.
The 55-minute sitting, which started 10 minute late, was adjourned at 1805 hours to meet on June 4, 2013 at 1000 hours.
Two points of order were raised during the sitting. One was to take oath in Pashto and the other to offer Fateha for the slain brother, son and nephew of a PMLN MPA.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1710 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1700 hours, witnessing the delay of 10 minutes
- The Speaker of the outgoing assembly chaired the proceedings.
- As many as 56 members took oath followed by the signing of ‘Roll of Members’
Order and Institutionalization
- Two points of order were raised. A member raised a point of order to take oath in Pashto, while the other was to offer Fateha for the slain brother, son and nephew of a PMLN MPA.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…