ISLAMABAD, June 01, 2013: The newly elected 56 members of the 10th Balochistan Assembly took oath in the first sitting on Saturday. The Speaker of the outgoing assembly administered the oath to the members.
The 55-minute sitting, which started 10 minute late, was adjourned at 1805 hours to meet on June 4, 2013 at 1000 hours.
Two points of order were raised during the sitting. One was to take oath in Pashto and the other to offer Fateha for the slain brother, son and nephew of a PMLN MPA.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1710 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1700 hours, witnessing the delay of 10 minutes
- The Speaker of the outgoing assembly chaired the proceedings.
- As many as 56 members took oath followed by the signing of ‘Roll of Members’
Order and Institutionalization
- Two points of order were raised. A member raised a point of order to take oath in Pashto, while the other was to offer Fateha for the slain brother, son and nephew of a PMLN MPA.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan referred four bills to the relevant standing committees and deferred a private member’s resolution due to…
ISLAMABAD, March 31, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan deferred question hour due to absence of relevant ministers and also left most of its other…
ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly left 80 percent agenda unaddressed and debated impact of energy crisis on agriculture sector, observes Free and Fair…