ISLAMABAD, June 01, 2013: The newly elected 56 members of the 10th Balochistan Assembly took oath in the first sitting on Saturday. The Speaker of the outgoing assembly administered the oath to the members.
The 55-minute sitting, which started 10 minute late, was adjourned at 1805 hours to meet on June 4, 2013 at 1000 hours.
Two points of order were raised during the sitting. One was to take oath in Pashto and the other to offer Fateha for the slain brother, son and nephew of a PMLN MPA.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1710 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1700 hours, witnessing the delay of 10 minutes
- The Speaker of the outgoing assembly chaired the proceedings.
- As many as 56 members took oath followed by the signing of ‘Roll of Members’
Order and Institutionalization
- Two points of order were raised. A member raised a point of order to take oath in Pashto, while the other was to offer Fateha for the slain brother, son and nephew of a PMLN MPA.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed a resolution and debated an Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden, says Free and Fair…