ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed the Finance Bill, 2021 and approved 102 demands for grants of various ministries and departments, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the budget (40th) session:
- The House met for an hour and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 05:17 pm against the scheduled time of 03:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the entire sitting.
- The opposition leader was not present.
- As many as 17 MPAs (26 percent) were present at the outset and 21 (32 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-A, ANP, JWP and HDP attended the proceedings.
- As many as one out of three minority lawmakers was present.
- The House passed the Balochistan Finance Bill, 2021 and approved 102 demands for grants related to various ministries and departments.
Order and Institutionalization
- All opposition members remained absent from the proceedings of the House.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 11:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…