ISLAMABAD, November 13, 2012: The Balochistan Assembly, which met for three hours and 10 minutes during the first sitting of the requisitioned 34th session, witnessed relatively better attendance of MPAs.
One-fourth of the Membership requisitioned for this session, which was called by the Deputy Speaker. Out of the two resolutions adopted by the House, one posed confidence in the leadership of the chief minister.
Four Points of Order consumed five minutes of the sitting time. None of the Points of Order attracted the Chair’s formal ruling. The Chief Minister attended the sitting.
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1620 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1600 hours. The proceedings started 20 minutes late.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNPA, JUIF, PML, ANP and Like Minded Group were present.
- Forty-five (69%) Members were present at the outset and this number remained till the end of the sitting
- The House took a 32-minute break.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As the sitting was requisitioned by one-fourth of the membership, the Question Hour was not part of the agenda.
- The House adopted two Resolutions. The first one was regarding the deteriorating law and order in the province while the second posed confidence in the Chief Minister.
Order and institutionalization
- Four Points of Order consumed five minutes. However, none of the Points of Order attracted the Chair’s formal ruling.
- There were no instances of protests, boycotts or walkouts.
- Orders of the Day were available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up any question related to the Home and Local Government Departments due to the absence of…