ISLAMABAD, October 7, 2013: The Local Government Bill was introduced in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Monday during the first sitting of the sixth session.
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Ahtisab Commission Bill 2013 was also introduced during the sitting, which met for three hours and 16 minutes. Two calling attention notices on the regulating private institutions and toy guns affecting children were taken up.
PML-N legislators staged a nine-minute walkout over no action taken on the privilege motion against the Secretary Local Government. The privilege motion was moved in the last session.
The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Chief Minister was present in the entire sitting as the Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 30 minutes.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber PakhtunkhwaAssembly met for three hours and 16 minutes. The House took two prayer breaks consuming 53 minutes of the proceedings.
- The proceedings started at 1557 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of 57 minutes.
- As many as 44 members were present at the outset while 46 were there at thetime of adjournment. A maximum of 69 members were present at one point during thesitting.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, APML, QWP, PPPP and AJIPattended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting whereas the Leader of the Opposition was present for 30 minutes.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Nine members applied for leave.
- Two bills – the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government Bill 2013 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Ahtisab Commission Bill 2013 – were introduced.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Question Hour was not held.
- JI and ANP legislators individually moved two calling attention notices. These were about regulating private educational institutes and toy guns in the market affecting child psychology and inciting criminal behavior in them.
Order and Institutionalization
- A legislator spoke on one point of order consuming three minutes of the proceedings.
- PML-N legislators staged a nine-minute walkout over no action taken on the privilege motion against the Secretary Local Government. The privilege motion was moved in the last session.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers andothers.
- Information of members’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…