ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa continued general discussion on the annual budget 2017-18 amid opposition’s walkout against unavailability of List of Business, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during 4th sitting of 25th session:
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for two hours and 14 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1437 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Forty-four two members (35%) were present at the start and 36 (29%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over entire proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for two hours while the Opposition Leader was not present.
- The Finance Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, JI, PML-N and QWP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- Eight members applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sixteen lawmakers took part in the debate on annual budget 2017-18. The discussion continued for an hour and 56 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The entire Opposition walked out of the House for ten minutes against unavailability of List of Business.
- Two Points of Order consumed 11 minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…