ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Monday passed a bill and witnessed presentation of two Ordinances before getting adjourned to meet again on February 12, 2018, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 10th sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 18 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1532 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The House observed a prayer break for 30 minutes.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker also attended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 20 MPAs (16%) were present at outset and 30 (24%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of QWP, JI, ANP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House passed the KP Provincial Buildings (Management Control and Allotment) Bill, 2018 and witnessed introduction of the KP Employees (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2018.
- Two Ordinances including the KP Local Government (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018 and the KP Establishment of Information Technology Board (Amendment) Ordinance, 201 were presented in the House.
- A resolution appearing on the agenda was withdrawn by its mover after government‘s assurance.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not observe Question Hour.
- The House two up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) regarding nepotism in recruitments of Class IV posts at various departments and less payment to sugarcane growers.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised two Points of Order consuming 10 minutes of the proceedings.
- PML-N lawmakers protested for five minutes against the remarks of PTI leadership about Parliament in a public rally in Lahore.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on February 12, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and discussed quota for students of Balochistan and ex-FATA in…
ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and witnessed introduction of a government bill on Friday, says…
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda and passed two government bills, says Free and Fair Election…