ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2021: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly concluded the general discussion on Provincial Budget for the financial year 2021-22, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 5th sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:20 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty-one legislators (35 percent) were present at the outset and 61 (42 percent) lawmakers at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP and PML-N attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Fifteen lawmakers spoke on the provincial budget for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The Provincial Minister for Finance concluded the discussion on budget and spoke for an hour and 10 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, June 25, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
Islamabad, November 24, 2021: The Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) has categorically rejected the barrage of allegations, slander and insinuations being levelled by its…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…