ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan approved as many as 21 supplementary demands for grants of various ministries and departments on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the budget (40th) session:
- The House met for 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:55 pm against the scheduled time of 03:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting, while the deputy speaker was also present.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) was absent.
- The opposition leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 17 MPAs (26 percent) were present at the outset and 21 (32 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-A, ANP and HDP attended the proceedings.
- As many as one out of three minority lawmakers was present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House approved 21 supplementary demands for grants related to various ministries and departments.
Order and Institutionalization
- All opposition members remained absent from the proceedings of the House.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, June 25, 2021 at 03:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and passed two government bills on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
Islamabad, November 24, 2021: The Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) has categorically rejected the barrage of allegations, slander and insinuations being levelled by its…