ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2021: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly opened debate on the provincial budget 2021-22 with the speech of leader of the opposition on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:20 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for two hours, while the deputy speaker chaired the remaining sitting.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was present for two hours.
- Sixty legislators (41 percent) were present at the outset and 50 (34 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PPPP, ANP, BAP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The leader of the opposition opened the budget debate and spoke for 35 minutes.
- Twelve other lawmakers spoke on provincial budget for three hours.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 01:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…