ISLAMABAD, February 16, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was adjourned 10 minutes after the commencement of proceedings due to lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during thirteenth sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for ten minutes.
- The sitting started at 1524 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the proceedings while the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 15 MPAs (12%) were present at outset and 25 (20%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP and ANP attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House did not take up the legislative business included in the Orders of the Day.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not hold the Question Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker belonging to QWP pointed out the quorum at 1531 hours that led to adjournment of the sitting at 1534 hours.
- The Chair adjourned the House to meet again on February 19, 2018 (Monday).
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
ISLAMABAD, March 3, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left 90 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during 11th session comprising six sittings…